[mythtv] Some problems

Marco Coli marco.coli at hi-cad.it
Sun Nov 6 18:10:56 EST 2005

Hello,

I have some problems using actual myth svn releases with DVB-Nova-S-CI.

Actually, I am using svn 7738, the revision right before Live-tv rewriting.

1) With this version, I have trouble to tune some Hotbird (13E)
channels, channels that worked well before and that with other apps work
well.

The symptom is that I get a "Partial Lock" on these channels, and no
image. If you are interested, here are 2 transponder on which I
experiment the problem: 11843V 11881V. If I try to retune this
transponder, after removing both transponder and channels, from within
myth (mythtv-setup), sometimes some of these channels are not found,
sometimes yes, in a non deterministic way. Even if I at least, success
to reinsert these channels in the list, I have again a Partial Lock.
Notice that if I use scan or scandvb all goes always well, the channels
are always found. The same with 0.18.

I tried to search on the lists, but I was unable to find previously
notice about this problem.

2) I don't know if this other problem is really myth related. I tried
also dvb list, but no answer. I have a Matrix Cam, NCAS programmed (good
for NDS sky italy cards). The cam work well in CI receivers. Using the
card with the Nova-S CI, I experiment random interruptions, of 3-60
seconds. During the interruption I have, in backend log, this messages:
ERROR: CAM: Read failed: slot 0, tcid 1
and, some times after
CI resource manager: unexpected data
CAM: NCAS, 01, 0001, 0001