[mythtv] [patch] QAM / ATSC Frequencies patch for SD/HD

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 24 15:31:50 UTC 2005

Quoting tracy at amphibious.org:

> This patch adds ATSC and QAM256 frequency tables.  With these tables and
> an appropriate DTV card (I have an Air2PC PCI), you can now use "Full Scan"
> to easily
> add all available channels instead of manually adding each frequency as
> described at http://www.digitalregime.com/mythdvb/setup/.

I added "Full Scan" for ATSC about 2-3 weeks ago, so you can just do a "full
scan" for ATSC/Digital Cable (I need to make it try both QAM64 and 256 though),
and you don't have to manually add anything.. I had thought about adding to the
frequencies table myself.. The ATSC channels are probbably OK, but the QAM ones
I am not sure if they have to follow cable channel frequencies.. (I have no docs
that confirm nor deny this)..

Taylor