[mythtv] 'stable' tag proposal

andrew burke aburke at bitflood.org
Tue Mar 22 17:47:35 UTC 2005

>> I am not familiar enough with CVS to help you implement my suggestions
>> using it.  I _am_ familiar enough with subversion (and perforce, if you
>> perhaps want to spend a few hundred dollars a head :) ) to do this
>> stuff.
>>

> OK, that's a really poor excuse.  SVN is a variant of CVS with a
> better atomic design and a database backend.  It's been made

Look, yes, I could figure out how to do this with CVS, but frankly, CVS
sucks.  Not having changesets is just crap.  Hell, not being able to
*rename files* is crap.

> careful administration.  Why don't you just mirror the CVS repository
> for a while and show people how good SVN is ?  The proof is in the

That's why I was asking for the cvs tarball, so that I could mirror it
with history.  Yes, I could just get the cvs now and begin a svn repo, but
I think it makes sense to try to import the entire project history, if
possible.

> you only know how to use SVN and Perforce (which btw costs a huge
> amount of moola and requires per seat licensing); if you want to use
> perforce you might as well call up Larry over at BitKeeper and ask him
> for a repository.

I was joking about perforce, I don't think it makes any sense at all to
use perforce on an open source project.

andy