[mythtv] 'stable' tag proposal

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:24:35 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:47:35 -0500 (EST), andrew burke
<aburke at bitflood.org> wrote:

> Look, yes, I could figure out how to do this with CVS, but frankly, CVS
> sucks.  Not having changesets is just crap.  Hell, not being able to
> *rename files* is crap.

Okay, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.  However, CVS is
what's being used right now so if you're really willing to help a
great way to start would be to learn CVS and see if you can manage a
release branch of the current code.  Once you manage to do that
successfully and show that you're contributing to the project instead
of just whining about how it should be changed people will probably be
more receptive to your suggestions for changes.  Hell, if you learn
CVS and work on managing a branch you would then have access to pull a
copy over to subversion yourself and show people how much better you
think it is.

Sometimes the best way to get changes made is to start doing it the
way people want you to and then physically show them how much better
your way is.  At the very least that will stop the replies of "quit
whining and actually do something".

Brad