[mythtv] 'stable' tag proposal

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Mar 22 01:37:15 UTC 2005

andrew burke wrote:

>Look, it's common courtesy to bring up issues I have before I go and just
>fork the code.  Forking a project can often cause lots of bad blood and
>problems.  I do appreciate what all the devs have put together, I just
>think that things can be handled a bit differently to improve the end-user
>experience.  I never said what the developers have done isn't worthwhile,
>but I do take issue with the way the project is being managed.  I offered
>to help improve that situation numerous times, and the devs seem to have
>decided it isn't help they're interested in, and that's their choice.  But
>personally, I know I would be upset if someone forked a project I started
>without at least raising the issues they had for doing so.

The VAST majority of end users don't use CVS. So it has zero impact on
them.  You act like every release is some bug ridden piece of shit or
something. Hell CVS Myth is a heck of a lot more stable than many
"stable" branches of other projects I've seen.

You haven't exactly offered to help so much as said "I know better than
you do neener neener" repeatedly.