[mythtv] 'stable' tag proposal

andrew burke aburke at bitflood.org
Tue Mar 22 01:23:35 UTC 2005

> Screw the users.  They're getting a *lot* of *really sweet* code FOR
> FREE.  They didn't have to pay Isaac or, in general, anyone else, *any
> money* for what they got.  And they were made aware that the code is
> prerelease -- if in no other fashion, by the version number.

yes, we all understand open source.

> There's an etiquette for situations like this, andrew, and you're not
> helping by encouraging those who fail to apply it.  If you're not happy
> with the development model, then go ahead and fork the damn thing.

Look, it's common courtesy to bring up issues I have before I go and just
fork the code.  Forking a project can often cause lots of bad blood and
problems.  I do appreciate what all the devs have put together, I just
think that things can be handled a bit differently to improve the end-user
experience.  I never said what the developers have done isn't worthwhile,
but I do take issue with the way the project is being managed.  I offered
to help improve that situation numerous times, and the devs seem to have
decided it isn't help they're interested in, and that's their choice.  But
personally, I know I would be upset if someone forked a project I started
without at least raising the issues they had for doing so.

andy