[mythtv] Re: Whats wrong with myth

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Sun Mar 20 07:03:38 UTC 2005

Thomas,

At 03:58 PM 20/03/2005, Thomas M. Pluth wrote:
>   Yours is the first mention of the DVICO card I've heard on this list,
>whereas there's been plenty of discussion about the pcHDTV and AIR2PC cards.
>I'm curious why anyone would think this DVICO card would work well when

its all a case of geography.
since you're using pcHDTV and AIR2PC cards, thats a sign that you're in
North America, the land of ATSC.

the rest of the world uses DVB-T as a transport - and in Australia, the
most well known "quality" card is the DVICO cards - although in reality,
any brand DVB-T card will work, just that there are relative differences in
quality-of-tuner etc.

>nobody else is using it and it's not mentioned as working in the MythTV
>documentation.  This is like complaining that the used BMW you just bought
>doesn't run well with the KIA engine you decided to put in it and you want
>BMW to fix it for you.

no problem with DVICO cards here - use multiple of them and also a cheaper
Twinam DVT card as well.

i just saw the original email as a troll.  probably not much point
continuing with it... :)

cheers,

lincoln.