[mythtv] Who knows about: TvRec::TvRec && ChannelBase && Channelstuff ?

Kirk Anderson kirk at nosredna.net
Sat Mar 19 01:07:53 UTC 2005

Anduin Withers wrote:

>>Permissions can't be the answer because the problem comes and goes.
>>

>I didn't know if coming and going was in the same run or if you rebooted or
>logged in as a different user, or any number of things.
>
>There are other possibilities, I was throwing out what I thought most
>likely.

I realize that and appreciate your help. Its a pain sometimes to be
brief but get the point across
of the problems any of us are having. Sorry.

>In terms of tracking down your current case SwitchToInput is a good place to
>start, you should look in the logs (and run the backend with at least -v
>channel if not -v all).
>

>>But then, this is all single threaded I think
>>except for
>>the connection between the f/e and the b/e, right ?
>>

>Yes, in that the encoder thread is one thread.
>
>Enable more logging and see if you can track it down that way.

I've been adding logging left and right and I think I've narrowed it
down to the fact that
TvRec::GetDevices is run by the TvRec constructor. It appears to read
the "capturecard"
table from the mySQL DB. From there it pulls out the "defaultinput"
string. It later uses
this string to select that input for use.

In my case, I believe that "defaultinput" value in the "capturecard"
table is incorrect.
But I can't figure out who sets it. I've been through the f/e setup
stuff and through the
mythtv-setup stuff, and I can't find it.

Any ideas on who sets the "capturecard" table with this "defaultinput"
information ?

Again, always appreciate the generosity of assistance.

Thanks,
Kirk