[mythtv] [experimental patch] vbi decoder for IVTV cards

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:26:01 UTC 2005

Got the patch applied now thanks, first impressions of actual decoding
is very good. Current issues I have, sorry don't have time to
investigate much, but thought you might like the feedback:

Using Hauppauge PVR-350 for recording, playback using EPIA TV-out
(Unichrome & Software).

So the only relevant one may be:

1) 888 subtitles are not 100%, this could be reception issues -
difficult to tell, however my picture is crystal clear and other txt
pages I tried did not present any typical bad reception type errors.

Other comments (This is my first experience of TText on Myth so these
comments may be more general?)

2) Text fonts/colours (obviously only grey scale when using
Unichrome), I presume just a matter of tweeking the theme? But when
using software decoding impossible to read without contrasting
background.

3) OSD offsets do not work for me, so text is often off the right of the screen.

4) Using XvMC_VLD Unichrome decoding, has the usual performance issues
with heavy use of OSD - but then this has nothing to do with your
patch.

Anyway must dash,

Paul