[mythtv] [patch] automagic settings.pro

Trey Boudreau trey at treysoft.com
Fri Feb 25 03:24:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 03:57:47PM -0500, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> ]On Thursday 24 February 2005 10:00, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> ]> please send the output of `uname -p` for other CPUs so I can
> ]> add these to the configure script.
> ]Interesting... my FC1 & FC3 boxes both report simply 'athlon' (not
> ]'athlon-xp').
>
> "blammo.doh" had the same experience.
>
> ]What's even weirder is my Debian Sid box doesn't even have a '-p' switch
> ]for uname.  Yet, both the FC3 & Debian boxes report the following for
> ]"uname --version":
>
> Strange. I guess we could use the output of
>   cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name" | head -n 1
> on instead. But that obviously will only work on Linux, I was hoping for
> something that would work across platforms with uname.

You'd want model name and flags at least, I think:

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) MP
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 2134.383
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mp mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 4259.84

I specify "-march=athlon-mp -ffast-math -msse", but I don't have any
solid numbers on using that over the default.  It 'feels' faster.

> -- Daniel

-- Trey