[mythtv] [patch] automagic settings.pro

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Thu Feb 24 20:57:47 UTC 2005

]On Thursday 24 February 2005 10:00, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
]> please send the output of `uname -p` for other CPUs so I can
]> add these to the configure script.
]Interesting... my FC1 & FC3 boxes both report simply 'athlon' (not
]'athlon-xp').

"blammo.doh" had the same experience.

]What's even weirder is my Debian Sid box doesn't even have a '-p' switch
]for uname.  Yet, both the FC3 & Debian boxes report the following for
]"uname --version":

Strange. I guess we could use the output of
  cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name" | head -n 1
on instead. But that obviously will only work on Linux, I was hoping for
something that would work across platforms with uname.

-- Daniel