[mythtv] Sound is too loud

Eric Hattemer eric at hattenator.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 22 05:32:09 UTC 2005

This fixed it (it was in mysys on my system too).  But after my upgrades
the recordings are way too loud (amped to the point of distortion).
This could be an alsa thing.  I tried changing the (somewhat new) "do
not adjust volume" setting in the setup.  Then even if I put the capture
volume in alsa to max, all I hear is interference.  If I turn that
setting off, and turn my capture amount to 7%, it is blastingly loud and
distorted.  How does mythtv decide how to amp the tuner card?  Has this
changed in the last couple of months?  The old alsa drivers let me set
AUX and Capture volumes, and it composited them together.  The new one
just lets me set Capture volume, and I can turn AUX off or on.  What can
I do to turn down the recording volume?  All my old recordings sound fine.

-Eric Hattemer