[mythtv] Schedule conflicts: Lost

Jeff Clowser jclowser at unitedmessaging.com
Mon Feb 21 15:20:41 UTC 2005

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Jeff Clowser wrote:
>
>> - As for which program should be recorded during the overlap, it could
>> be either the program that comes first timewise, or the program with
>> the higher priority.  Maybe make the choice between these 2 options
>> configurable - I'm not sure if it would be preferable to miss the
>> beginning of a show vs the end, or to make sure I get all of the
>> higher priority show.
>

> It's probably not hard.  That's exactly what I was thinking of doing but
> I was assuming that you would always record the end of the show in
> progress and miss the beginning of the show since if the other show was
> of higher priority it would have been recorded in the first place.

I can see it both ways - one the one hand, I don't want to watch a show
and miss how it ended, but on the other hand, if I really like one show
better than the one before it that overlaps, I may care more about
getting all of that show than the end of the previous show.

I'm thinking the priority is the better option if you have to choose,
because you can set which programs are higher priority/more important,
whereas if it's always the end of the earlier program, you can end up
missing the start of your favorite program when this happens and can't
do anything about it.