[mythtv] request: OSX mythfrontend and winmyth for CVS backend

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Thu Feb 3 09:38:37 EST 2005

On Feb 2, 2005, at 8:28 PM, Nigel Pearson wrote:

>> Shouldn't something go into the "macx" section of settings.pro,
>> though,
>> seeing as these are the standard locations for Fink to put packages on
>> OS X ?
>
> 	Not everyone uses Fink. I installed those libs from source.
>
> 	But, I guess there would be no harm in adding those paths
> in settings.pro, except for the "extra clutter" aspect.

Yeah, I agree. Ordinarily I don't like to add things that aren't in a
stock OS X configuration, but Fink is popular enough to merit an
exception.

The downside would be if someone used Fink for other projects, but
wanted to ignore it for Myth: in this case, they'd have to jump through
some hoops to look in the standard /usr/local/lib and ignore Fink
versions. The former case is probably a lot more common, so I don't
mind this so much.

Now that Isaac has greenlighted the adding of configure options to
replace settings.pro editing, I see this eventually ending up as an
--enable-fink flag or similar to configure, on by default if /sw/lib
exists. For now, though, adding the paths for everyone on OS X is fine
with me.

- Jer