[mythtv] more on dvb record failure

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Mon Aug 22 11:19:32 UTC 2005

> There around line 787 there is this statement:
>         ok = wait_for_dvb(channel, 1000, abortRecordingStart);
> Can you try increasing that 1000 ms until it works?
> Then send me the value that seems to work for you?
>
> According to the specs the timeout should be about 450 ms, but it
> appears there may be an insanely large latency in the DVB drivers
> themselves.

I set it to 2 sec yesterday and so far so good. however attached is a list
of key lines for the past week.
I havent seen anything longer than 3 secs. I have now set it to 5 secs and
will monitor it to see how it goes.
If anyone else wants to add some data I generated these with

grep -E "DVB SI Table Parser Started|SetPMT  ServiceID|PMT NOT SET"
/var/log/mythtv/mythtvbackend.log* | cut -d: -f2- | sort > PMTtime.log

may be able to get a better data set with multiple countries.

cheers
mark