[mythtv] more on dvb record failure

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Aug 21 17:56:08 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 22:44 +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
> happened again for F1 record. more detail in backend log.
> sometimes (quite often now say 3 out of 5 times failed now to record) due to
> PMT NOT SET
> attached is the detailed backend log with many backend restarts to retrigger
> record start.
> cheers
> mark

There around line 787 there is this statement:
        ok = wait_for_dvb(channel, 1000, abortRecordingStart);
Can you try increasing that 1000 ms until it works?
Then send me the value that seems to work for you?

According to the specs the timeout should be about 450 ms, but it
appears there may be an insanely large latency in the DVB drivers
themselves.

-- Daniel