[mythtv] bug recording uncompressed audio?

ame at spip.thehackers.org ame at spip.thehackers.org
Fri Aug 19 09:09:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Isaac Richards wrote:

> How exactly am I supposed to check to see if it's fixed if I don't have a
> capture card capable of analog recording?

I would find it surprising if you always used a capture card to
test everything, including trivial bugs that can be fixed by
inspection.

> > If I had sent my message including an explanation of where and
> > why I thought the code was wrong, instead of a literal patch,
> > perhaps I would have gotten a warmer reception.
>
> Probably.  Why include a patch if you didn't intend it to be used?  What's
> helpful about that?

A suggestion on how to use your typical one-line patch: edit the
file that was changed in it, jump to the line the patch refers
to, and read around; you'll probably discover there's something
funny.

I wish all the bugs I have to fix for living were given to me
like that.

I'm not going to continue with this, it's completely fruitless.
Regards,

--
Álvaro Martínez Echevarría

``Pero yo que he sentido una vez en mis manos temblar
la alegría / ya no podré morir nunca. / Pero yo que he
tocado una vez las agudas agujas del pino / ya no podré
morir nunca''. [José Hierro, "El muerto"]