[mythtv] orphan pngs

Philip Shead drinnen at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 1 09:42:15 EDT 2005

   Is anybody investigating the issue of orphan pngs?

   I checked but could not find any talk on this issue.

   Because of the war on viewers by Australian TV stations I find
myself frequently adding excessive time to record after the
(so called) scheduled time of programs. Then if I am around
and keeping an eye on things I will manually stop recording
when a program finishes. Mythtv then renames the nuv file
for the new finishing record time unfortunatley if there is
a png screenshot already it does not rename this instead it
creates a second png matching the new filename. This ends up
cluttering the video directory.

eg
2010_20050801180000_20050801183100.nuv.png
2010_20050801180000_20050801183100.nuv
2010_20050801180000_20050801183800.nuv.png