[mythtv] The Toe is in the Water...

Michael Carmody mjcar at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Apr 12 01:50:33 UTC 2005

Hey All,

Incredibly long time lurker since version 0.4...

and now I finally built my myth box based on an EPIA (M12000) and a DVICO
Fusion HDTV.

Now would you think i would have had problems with the unichrome drivers ?
XvMC libraries ? DRM compiling ? Dvico drivers ? Tv-OUT ? Nope all worked
after a rm -rf /usr/X11R6 and a lengthy recompile of xorg from cvs, and all
this on a slackware system !

So it's all working and I go to setup channels and here, here of all places it
stuffs up. Just noticed previous posts on DVB tuning, and since I'm in
Melbourne Australia, it looks like I might be checking out CVS to see if the
Full Scan DVB-T might help.

So I'm volunteering my virgin system to all sorts of funky dvb patches, I'll
check out CVS tonight. Any other gotchas I might need ot look out for ? The
system is currently a release 0.17, but is not operational so I can simply
overwrite with a CVS compile correct ?

-Michael Carmody