[mythtv] Problem with Via VLD XVMC display and DVB recordings in current CVS: Gaps in video and audio

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sat Apr 9 08:02:55 UTC 2005

On Saturday 09 Apr 2005 06:41, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 Apr 2005 21:06, Terry Barnaby wrote:
>
> I am recording PS streams.
> You are right, it only seems to affect certain channels/transmissions.
> BBC1 (at the moment) is affected but BBC2/ITV1 is Ok.

Does recording TS streams reduce the problem at all.
Your comments about just some channels/programs being affected seems to match
what I'm seeing.

> I don't know if "all" my old recordings are fine (I have 400G of
> them !), but I think that they are. Also new recordings taken with
> the older 2004-02-20 software are fine.

Yeah all your old recordings should be fine, my comment was more to say "are
you sure all your new recordings are broken" which you've just answered
already.

> I think the problem must lie with the DVB system, this had a major
> change in MythTv at this time. I note some mail-list entries about
> "Re: [mythtv] Re: DVB fix?", I wonder if this is related ?

I don't think so. As far as I can see that thread is about TS recording frame
counting, confusing the seeking and commercial detection.

--
Ivor
http://www.ivor.it