[mythtv] cutting still leaves unwanted start/end frames

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Sep 30 12:59:16 EDT 2004

> This sounds like the GOP is not aligned with the programming. I'm
> guessing these are PVR-250 recordings?

Nope, mpeg4.  And like I said, the one that sticks is either the first
frame in the recording, or the last frame in the recording.

> Placing cut points inside a GOP
> requires transcoding the GOP into two GOP's, one on each side of the
> cut, so it is not easy to fix. It's a feature that we may need, but
> until someone gets annoyed enough by it to write some code it it will
> remain.

I believe that mythtranscode already does this.

> That sounds like a bug not a missing feature. Have you tried moving back
> a frame at a time? A keyframe at a time?

Same thing.  back ANY amount moves you forward one frame.  Much like
when you try to go to the end of the recording, you hit something
not-quite-the-end, and forward any amount moves you forward one frame
until you hit something that sends you back to the first frame in the
recording.

> ]With this being the case, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just NOT
> ]transcode my shows to cut commercials, and set nuvexport to use
> ]transcode for commercial cutting, instead of relying upon myth's own
> ]cutting routines.
> Does this work?

Yeah, works great.

-Chris