[mythtv] ivtv and Mandrake 10.0

Tim Cluff timcluff at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 28 22:37:28 EDT 2004

I've been having difficulty getting ivtv to work with my Hauppauge
PVR-250  in a clean install of Mandrake 10.  .1.9 wouldn't compile at
all, so after searching I found .1.10-pre2-ck105x. It succesfully
compiled, and I added

    	options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 tuner=2
	options msp3400 once=0 simpler=1 simple=0
	add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner saa7127

to /etc/modules.conf and did 'modprobe ivtv'.  However, cat /dev/video0
 > test.mpg gives me an input errror and attempting to view it in mythtv
gives a decoder error.

The channel down button just broke on my TV and the remotes long dead so
any help getting this working would be really appreciated.

Thanks.