[mythtv] [Experimental Patch] HDTV Recorder patch updated

Sat Sep 25 19:11:50 EDT 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

>With the patch I just posted v19, try recording a program with multiple
>audio streams and playing them. (Use the '+' & '-' keys during playback.)
>It should record all the audio streams in your program, and generate a
>correct PMT. This fixes the 'low voice - loud background noise' problem
>I was getting on some of my record programs.
>
>-- Daniel

Unfortunately, I don't have any stations broadcasting more than one
audio stream.

I have experienced the "low voice - loud background noise" when watching
some football games, though.

There seems to be a problem with the v19 code.  The video recorded with
it plays back just fine, but jump/skip forward/backward does not work.
I tried doing a "mythcommflag --rebuild -f " on the file, but it did not
help.  I went back and played one of my older shows, and was able to
skip/jump just fine.

John