[mythtv] MythMusic Web Interface

Ben Dodson bdodson at seas.upenn.edu
Sat Sep 11 20:13:52 EDT 2004

:) Glad to hear you're interested-- to clarify quickly, I am not 'the'
author of jinzora-- the lead developer is Ross Carlson. I used to work
on a jukebox called Gina, which was just a hacked up Zina. Ross found me
and asked if I'd like to work with him, so here I am.

So far, my main contribution has been rewriting the backend. We haven't
implemented it yet, but once we do a lot of things will be MUCH
faster-namely searching and random playlist generation. This new backend
allows for different systems to be used-- currently we have one that
uses a cache-based system and one that uses a database. To use mythTV,
all we have to do is write a backend adaptor that uses the existing
MythTV data. From there, we just have to get Jinzora to play music
through mythtv as a jukebox.

It's hard to say how long all this will take, but I wanted to see how
much interest there is with mythmusic users for something like that.

--Ben