[mythtv] update on interlace problem

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Sat Sep 11 19:45:16 EDT 2004

some of you may remember I have a problem that appears to be an interlace problem.
however its not! the savage driver in xfree86 4.3.0 appears to be fauly and the overlay scaling (vertical) does not work correctly. this of course could also be in the 2.6.7 kernel driver too but still not sure.
if I turn off accel on the prosavage8 ddr then the images display correctly, however its really slow (of course).
Im looking at the savage drivers to see what the problem is but its hard to find datasheets for this chip.
what is happening in accel mode is that the interpolation that happens to synthesize lines between provided lines is displayed upside down. this gives an effect similar to wrong ordering of interlaced lines.
will update again when I have a fix.
using directfb over xv wouldnt help as the same driver does the overlay so I should get the same effect.
xfree86 4.4.0 may work. will try the driver from there to see if it fixes anything but I dont hold my breath on that one as the diff anal Ive done doesnt indicate anything major in this area.
cheers
mark

---