[mythtv] v28 hdtv-recorder observations

Sun Oct 24 00:38:50 UTC 2004

Daniel, here are my observations from using your v28 hdtv-recorder patch.

Video records just fine, but FastForward and JUMP/SKIP forward do not
work again.  Rewind JUMP/SKIP backwards seems okay.  FastFoward and
JUMP/SKIP works fine when playing a show recorded without v28 applied.

When EDITING the cutlist of a show recorded with v28, moving backward
and forward more than "1 frame" at a time, takes a LONG time.  moving
backward and forward in a show recorded without v28 is quick.

When EDITING the cutlist, moving to the *previous* keyframe works fine.
Moving to the *next* keyframe only moves forward by one frame.  This
behavior is not unique to the v28 patch, however -- it exists in the
current Myth CVS and has for over a month.  I have spent a couple of
hours trying to track it down, but have been unsuccessful.

When watching live TV, changing channels causes the audio to cut out.
Pressing +/- gets the audio playing again.  Every time I change the
channel, the number of "audio channels" seems to increase.  After
changing the channel a few times, it seems to think the program has 20+
audio channels associated with it.  As far as I know, I don't have a
single channel with more than one audio stream.

ChangeChannels.tbz contains the backend/frontend logs from changing
channels in live TV.  KASA is my FOX channel, and KOB is my NBC channel.

With --verbose playback/record enabled, watching a show is painful.  The
logging takes up so much that there is not enough left to record/watch
the show.

Do you want me to try and get logs for any other situation?

Keep up the good work.

John