[mythtv] Re: v28 hdtv-recorder observations

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Sun Oct 24 01:41:25 UTC 2004

]When EDITING the cutlist, moving to the *previous* keyframe works fine.  Moving
]to the *next* keyframe only moves forward by one frame.  This behavior is not
]unique to the v28 patch, however -- it exists in the current Myth CVS and has
]for over a month.  I have spent a couple of hours trying to track it down, but
]have been unsuccessful.

I think I know what this is, I noticed that that CVS isn't putting
the frame locations it used to into the DB. I did the same assuming it
was doing it somewhere else. Give me a few days to look at it.

]When watching live TV, changing channels causes the audio to cut out.
]Pressing +/- gets the audio playing again.  Every time I change the
]channel, the number of "audio channels" seems to increase.  After
]changing the channel a few times, it seems to think the program has 20+
]audio channels associated with it.  As far as I know, I don't have a
]single channel with more than one audio stream.

Kenneth Aafløy just posted a patch that should fix this. I'll
incorporate it in the next hdtv-recorder.

]ChangeChannels.tbz contains the backend/frontend logs from changing
]channels in live TV.  KASA is my FOX channel, and KOB is my NBC
]channel.
]With --verbose playback/record enabled, watching a show is painful.  The
]logging takes up so much that there is not enough left to record/watch the
]show.

I usually don't have the playback debug enabled on the frontend, but it
can really help in diagnosing problems.

]Do you want me to try and get logs for any other situation?

No, not for now. But please try Kenneth's patch for the audio problem.

-- Daniel