[mythtv] Video playback problems

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 20:42:27 UTC 2004

> I'm using 2xDVB cards, XVMC enabled, ALSA disabled, AMD 2500+
> with GeforceMX440 and Gigabyte GA-7VAX Mainboard.

I have to agree with Yan. It may not be the solution to this specific
problem but switching away from that VIA chipset will save you lots and lots
of frustration. I went from a system that would not run for 30 minutes to
one that runs for weeks without a reboot simply by switching to a nVidia
based motherboard. And he is also right about the separate 4 pin power plug,
get a board that has one. Sell the turkey to a windows user on ebay, they
will be happy with it.

Bill