[mythtv] [patch] libmythsoundtouch, mmx_gcc.cpp compile fix

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Sun Nov 14 02:39:48 UTC 2004

I tried to make the minimum changes to the authors routines.
Ill let olli (author of libsoundtouch) know of these issues.
attached is a patch which should work under 3.4 and the rest.
ebx save is removed. seems to preserve the ebx reg correctly.
works on 3.2.3, 3.4 and 2.95 . checked the output with objdump to make sure
this was so in all these.
hoepfully the force of -fomit-frame-pointer in CXXFLAGS doesnt affect the
OSX people.
a bit of research said that this was the answer.
cheers
mark

> There is no need to use specific registers in this function at all. You
> can just use variables with the "r" constraint where ever you would use
> registers. Anyway, in the patch I eliminated the use of ebx as a
> variable in that function.

---