[mythtv] [patch] libmythsoundtouch, mmx_gcc.cpp compile fix

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Nov 14 03:30:24 UTC 2004

On Saturday 13 November 2004 09:39 pm, Mark Spieth wrote:
> I tried to make the minimum changes to the authors routines.
> Ill let olli (author of libsoundtouch) know of these issues.
> attached is a patch which should work under 3.4 and the rest.
> ebx save is removed. seems to preserve the ebx reg correctly.
> works on 3.2.3, 3.4 and 2.95 . checked the output with objdump to make sure
> this was so in all these.
> hoepfully the force of -fomit-frame-pointer in CXXFLAGS doesnt affect the
> OSX people.
> a bit of research said that this was the answer.

Don't think this patch'll work - we need to add a -fPIC to the compile line as
well, since it's going into a shared lib, and that'll start using ebx.  All
of the asm statements need to be redone to not specifically use ebx.

ie., once -fPIC is added, we'll get these errors with 3.4:
    mmx_gcc.cpp:198: error: PIC register `%ebx' clobbered in `asm'

Isaac