[mythtv] Re: LIBVERSION = 0.15.0.99?

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun May 30 08:59:52 EDT 2004

Op zaterdag 29 mei 2004 23:26, schreef Axel Thimm:
> On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 03:51:22PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > The package name would be:
> >
> > mythtv-cvs-20040529-1.rhfc1.at
> >
> > No versioning issues whatsoever.
>
> IMHO it is even worse. You propose two sets of packages with
> completely different and uncomparable versioning. So for switching
> from mythsomething-cvs = 20040529 to mythsomething = 0.16 you need
> special versioned obsoletes all around the specfiles. Even worse you
> need to change dependencies (e.g. Requires: libmyth-cvs = 20040529 vs
> libmyth = 0.16).

Uhm, your RPMs are binary releases, isn't it? Then why won't you put a notice
on your website saying something like "20071130 = MythTV 2.10"? I guess RPM
(with apt-get) has apt-pinning? So people can tell their package management
to not upgrade when they want to stop using CVS builds. Just be sure to
shuffle in actual releases into the 'CVS' packages.

	Henk Poley <><