[mythtv] Problem with DataDirect Migration docs

David George david at onyxsoft.com
Tue May 25 20:27:11 EDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Steve Winslow wrote:

> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > I'm running MySQL 3 on FC 1, just upgraded to DataDirect last night.
> > The query quoted above doesn't work for me.  Unfortunately the error
> > message is not very helpful.  Here's the output (I spread it over a
> > bunch of lines to try and localize the error):
> >
> > mysql> update channel
> >     -> set icon =
> >     -> (select distinct icon
> >     -> from channel_copy
> >     -> where channel.callsign =
> >     -> channel_copy.callsign);
> > ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select distinct
> > icon
> > from channel_copy
> > where channel.callsign =
> > channel_copy.ca' at line 3
>
> I get this error too.  I looked it up on the mysql.org
> site at: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/UPDATE.html
>
> In the last example before the user comments begin, they
> show an example that is almost identical to this case and
> says it is for Mysql 4.0.4 and newer.  I haven't tried to
> figure out the syntax for earlier versions yet. :-\

Yes, it has been confirmed that mysql3 does not support sub-selects.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/67728

There is an update to the mythtv docs that describes a method that works
with MySQL3.  See the Migration to DataDirect section.  Sorry I don't have
a URL handy to point you to.

--
David