[mythtv] Problem with DataDirect Migration docs

Steve Winslow winslows at comcast.net
Tue May 25 19:40:55 EDT 2004

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> I'm running MySQL 3 on FC 1, just upgraded to DataDirect last night.
> The query quoted above doesn't work for me.  Unfortunately the error
> message is not very helpful.  Here's the output (I spread it over a
> bunch of lines to try and localize the error):
>
> mysql> update channel
>     -> set icon =
>     -> (select distinct icon
>     -> from channel_copy
>     -> where channel.callsign =
>     -> channel_copy.callsign);
> ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select distinct
> icon
> from channel_copy
> where channel.callsign =
> channel_copy.ca' at line 3

I get this error too.  I looked it up on the mysql.org
site at: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/UPDATE.html

In the last example before the user comments begin, they
show an example that is almost identical to this case and
says it is for Mysql 4.0.4 and newer.  I haven't tried to
figure out the syntax for earlier versions yet. :-\

Steve

--
Nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in the duct tape.