[mythtv] CVS an EPIA with ViaSlice Broken for me

Scott White scott-mythtv at riskboys.com
Sat May 22 04:18:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've been running various versions of Mythtv for a year or so an began
running CVS on Gentoo for the last 3 months.  For at least the last month
the frontend segfaults as soon as I go to watch live TV or a recording on
my either of my Hush PCs (Via Epia MPEG HW Decoder) where it had been
previously been working fine.  It still works great on my P4 based front
ends.

So

Before I bug the list with the details.  Is anybody running CVS using Via
MPEG decoding successfully?

Could you let me know the details of your config so I can try and track
down what I did to break it.

Thank You

Scott White

Hush PC EPIA Ezra-T M-10000 (USB Audio)

xorg-unichrome-6.7.0-r17
xfwm4-4.0.5
epia-sources-2.4.25-r2
epia-drm-update-1.3.0
libddmpeg-1.6
myth-cvs-20040507
qt-3.3.0-r1
alsa-driver-1.0.3
alsa-lib-1.0.3b-r2

USE="cle266 mysql acpi alsa cdr dvd xv -gnome -mmx -xinerama X 3dnow avi
crypt flac gif imlib jpeg mad mpeg oggvorbis opengl png quicktime sdl tiff
truetype xmms qt zlib -arts transcode"
CHOST="i586-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=c3 -m3dnow -pipe -Os -fomit-frame-pointer"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"