[mythtv] Some bugs (0.15)

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Fri May 21 22:11:04 EDT 2004

On Saturday 22 May 2004 03:33, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > On Saturday 22 May 2004 02:40, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > >There is way too much going on on the advanced options screen and
> > >therefore it is not really usable. These issues should be resolved
> > >so that there will only need to be a single options page or a simple
> > >page with a button that exposes the more detailed options.
> >
> > This bugs me too, mainly because the description field is almost always
> > overflowed by my grabber (tv_grab_sn).
>
> Opps, that's not the issue at all but FYI I believe Isaac took
> care of the long description problem shortly after DD support
> went in. Others had thought of the wrong approach of limiting
> the stored descriptions. The right answer is of course to limit
> the length of the displayed desc so that it will fit on the page.

Hmm, my latest debian unstable CVS build was dated 8th of may, so I should
really slap myself for beeing sloppy :)

> The real issue is that there are two different options pages and
> there really should only be one. The above text is tongue-in-cheek,
> cut'n'paste of a message from Isaac just for yucks. This won't
> change this week but I think the options page needs to be addressed
> down the road.

Yea, there is two. One basic and one advanced, and the advanced can be reached
from the basic. But the basic page can be disabled under Setup/TV
Settings/General/Always use Advanced Recording Options screen. Are we talking
past each other now, or is this what it's all about? Or are we talking about
splitting the 'Advanced Recording' page into something like Schedule,
Profile, Priority, Auto Expire, Max Episodes, Delete Oldest (though that was
implied by 'Max Episodes'), and the Duplicate Checks on one page and moving
the Early/Late and Group to another page (just an example, the first page is
what I frequently use)?

Kenneth