[mythtv] zap2it solution for 0.14 users

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri May 21 18:00:16 EDT 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 05:35 pm, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Well, the at least please post something on the website letting users
> know that and maybe even a note to the user list.  I think it is a shame
> that there isn't more concern for the users of this project but it is
> something I've come to expect.  There appears to already be a script
> posted to the myth-users list that looks to fit the bill and if someone
> on the development team could simply check it for validity and present
> it to the userbase, I think it would be far more appreciated than :
> upgrade your system, we can't help you.

There are step by step instructions on how to use the internal grabber in the
docs.  There are cvs RPM packages available from the atrpms repository.  If
you're compiling from source, there's no difference between compiling a
release or CVS.  There's very little barrier to anyone wanting to use CVS.

I won't support that script because I don't care to take the time to make sure
it actually works right, and that it provides an upgrade path to the internal
grabber.  I've already done that for the internal grabber in CVS, so...  If
people want to use it, that's fine, but I don't want to hear any complaining
if those people have problems upgrading to 0.15 and the internal grabber.

I've already made it pretty clear that I'm planning on 0.15 within a week
(well before people's guide data will run out, in case you didn't notice)
because of this very issue, so I don't see how you can claim that I don't
care about users.  I think someone's a little upset that I rejected some
patches, hmm?

Isaac