[mythtv] zap2it solution for 0.14 users

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri May 21 17:35:11 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Friday 21 May 2004 03:59 pm, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>

>>The questions about zap2it DirectData usage are coming up again and
>>again on the users mailing list.  While MythTV may be a project by
>>developers for developers, the userbase is going to be in for a big
>>shock when their listings end in a week or so.  I think it would be a
>>great service for the MythTV developers to provide:
>>
>>1.  A news posting on the mythtv.org website explaining what has
>>happened with zap2it so people are aware of the situation
>>2.  A working developer "sanctioned" 0.14 solution for using zap2it
>>direct data with MythTV.  Upgrading to CVS is not necessarily an option
>>for all users. Whether this is a working script for 0.14 or a point
>>release for 0.14 with direct data support, I don't know.
>>

>Your choices are: upgrade to CVS or wait for 0.15.  I won't 'sanction' using
>tv_grab_na_dd with 0.14.
>
>Isaac

Well, the at least please post something on the website letting users
know that and maybe even a note to the user list.  I think it is a shame
that there isn't more concern for the users of this project but it is
something I've come to expect.  There appears to already be a script
posted to the myth-users list that looks to fit the bill and if someone
on the development team could simply check it for validity and present
it to the userbase, I think it would be far more appreciated than :
upgrade your system, we can't help you.

Kevin