[mythtv] Need better debug for SQL interactions?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon May 17 20:35:30 EDT 2004

> The database driver isn't being loaded  note the line "QSqlDatabase:
> available drivers: ", you need to have the MySQL driver built with
> your Qt (it's not by default).

	Thanks. I thought I had built it in:

% cd qt-embedded-free-3.3.2

% ./configure
Configuration .......  nocrosscompiler minimal-config small-config
medium-config large-config full-config styles tools kernel widgets
dialogs iconview workspace network canvas table xml sql release dll
embedded largefile stl ipv6 png no-gif zlib bigcodecs ft

but it seems that sql in this list doesn't actually mean anything.
Anyone know why a qt compile/link error doesn't happen in this case?
It isn't like there are any other SQL systems on this computer
_other_ than mysql! I would have thought that a null list of
DB drivers would be detected as an error when building QT.

	I eventually found a reasonable set of flags to add to configure
(from a Gentoo .ebuild file):

./configure -depths 8,16 -system-zlib -thread -stl -freetype -qvfb \
             -plugin-imgfmt-{jpeg,png} -system-lib{jpeg,png} \
             -plugin-sql-mysql -I/usr/include/mysql -L/usr/lib/mysql

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  when you stop believing