[mythtv] Re: Propossed change to the ProgLister

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon May 17 02:43:10 EDT 2004

David Engel wrote:
> On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 06:12:24PM -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
>>This reminds me, do we really need both EditRecording and EditScheduled
>>since EditRecording calls EditScheduled if the recording isn't scheduled?
>

> The big difference is that EditScheduled calls the simplified,
> InfoDialog for scheduling if the user hasn't chosen to always use the
> advanced recording dialog.  Personally, I would have no problem doing
> away with InfoDialog, but I'm sure somebody would disagree.

Not me. I've long believed that the InfoDialog doesn't really
serve a purpose at this point other than it may appear to be
simplier for a first time user to chose from just the basic
record types. However, these days, setting priority, profile
and start and end offsets are so integral that it is probably
a disservice to new users to not expose these options. I believe
that most users don't discover (or read in keys.txt) that they
can get to thses other options by pressing INFO a second time.
I think it would be better for everyone to see just the complete
'advanced options' page without the InfoDialog.

My $.02,

--  bjm