[mythtv] MythVideo browse mode

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sat May 15 15:33:30 EDT 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> I'd like to make the browse mode MythVideo use the same keys for
> incrementing and decrementing the parental control level as the video
> manager.  The problem is the defaults for these keys are the
> left/right arrow keys that browse mode uses for navigation.  What I'm
> thinking of doing is make up/down the navigation keys for browse mode
> since they tie in with the page up/down.
>
> I've tweaked the UI a bit to allow for longer descriptions & titles,
> as well as properly displaying utf8 characters and added a popup menu
> to expose some of the "hidden" functionality.
>
> Here's a couple screenshots:
>
> http://www.jdonavan.net/myth/screens/new_vid_ui1.jpg
> http://www.jdonavan.net/myth/screens/new_vid_ui2.jpg

Yeah, I like it.  I also have an outstanding patch from a few weeks back
on the list, to increase the space for the description (it does need it).

I do think that up and down feels a bit strange though...?

Also, could you move the picture over to the left a little.  It feels a
bit tight to the text really?

Nice job!

Ed W