[mythtv] [patch] duplicate checking using programid

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sun May 9 12:55:27 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 07:41:36PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> Excellent!  I can scratch that off my todo list now.
>
> I'm in the middle of something else right now, but will check out your
> patch and get it committed in a few days if it looks alright.

!!!  :(  I went to do my commit this morning only to see that you had
done one.

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 12:54:17AM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> The good news is that handling the duplicate methods is even easier
> than you thought. If the method is None, there is no match. If
> both items being checked have IDs, then match based on IDs else
> fall through to the string matching methods. No new ID based
> methods are needed and it is perfectly compatible with other
> grabbers.

I added a kDupCheckIdOnly method for users who might want very strict
checking.

> I'm not quite sure how to best handle this at this point. There is
> a fairly sparse doc XTVDSchemaDefinition.pdf that does little more
> than verify that they do this with no clear hint as to how specials
> and generic episodes would be distinguished.

The quick, dirty and simple solution is to have the grabber to delete
the programid if it is generic and there is a seriesid.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net