[mythtv] [patch] duplicate checking using programid

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Thu May 6 17:11:39 EDT 2004

Hi,
  I've made a "first stab" at adding in programid duplicate checking.  I
added 4 new duplicate check options:

  o  "Progid" - only the programid is compared

  o  "Progid; Sub & Desc" - if the programid is not null use it
        to compare, otherwise compare the Subtitle and Description

  o  "Progid; Sub" - if the programid is not null use it to compare,
        otherwise compare the Subtitle

  o  "Progid; Desc" - if the programid is not null use it to compare,
        otherwise compare the Description

The reason I added more than just the "Progid" check was for those of us
who have a rather large "oldrecorded" database that is missing programids.

So far this doesn't check to see if you're using datadirect before it
offers you the Progid options.  In addition, it makes the "Progid;
Sub & Desc" the default -- this is safe even if you don't have programids
since it will skip programids if they are blank.  I played around with
the idea of checking the xmltvgrabber field from videotypes -- but I was
worried as to how to deal with it changing (one invocation has datadirect,
the next doesn't and the following does -- do we change the default for
each invocation, do we change the db entries (bad), etc...).

I didn't add it to the recordoverride db, even though it has the title,
subtitle and description fields.  I started to, but then I realized it
would break already existing recordoverrides (they wouldn't have the
programid, but the program table would).

I think I should bump the protocol version, but since I wasn't sure I
didn't do that.  :-)

This also requires a couple of minor changes to mythweb -- I've included
those too.

Note that I've tested this under my setup, which is using datadirect,
but I believe it should continue to work fine without it.  :-) Thoughts,
comments???

...dave

ps  I tried attaching the patches to the message, but they got moderated
    due to their size.  In the interest of hoping to get some feedback
    sooner (and to make Snow-Man happy :-), I've placed them on my website:

    http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~alden/mythtv.patch
    http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~alden/mythweb.patch