[mythtv] where to configure datadirect?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu May 6 13:26:43 EDT 2004

> You setup DataDirect through the setup program that configures the backend.

ok, for some reason I didn't think to look there (and I guess I didn't
look back far enough in the archives to find that note)

> If you're compiling from source (and if you use cvs you must be doing just
> that)

Actually, I use RPM's..  Though I do build my own from CVS (I can't
guarantee that axel's are new enough when I need to test mythweb
compatibility with new changes).

> Also, a big WARNING!!!!! You need a relatively new wget.  I had wget-1.8.2 and
> it didn't have one command-line switch needed for datadirect to work with
> mythfilldatabase.  The switch in question is --post-file.  To be sure you
> have it, compile and install wget-1.9.1.

oh, yeah.  I'd noticed the posts about this, but completely forgot to
check.  Someone should add something to the setup code that checks the
wget version and issues warnings if it's the wrong one.

-Chris