[mythtv] where to configure datadirect?

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 13:01:56 EDT 2004

You setup DataDirect through the setup program that configures the backend.
If you're compiling from source (and if you use cvs you must be doing just
that), go to mythtv/setup and run ./setup.  Go to Video Source and where it
says XMLTV, change to DataDirect, enter your username and password, retrieve
your lineup and you're done.  Of course you must already have a DataDirect
"account" for this to work.

Also, a big WARNING!!!!! You need a relatively new wget.  I had wget-1.8.2 and
it didn't have one command-line switch needed for datadirect to work with
mythfilldatabase.  The switch in question is --post-file.  To be sure you
have it, compile and install wget-1.9.1.

A better description must find its way into the documentation.  Plus we have
to find a way to alert everyone to upgrade to tv_grab_na_dd since zap2it have
expressed their intentions to break compatibility with tv_grab_na and many
people will not know until their EPG runs out of data.

IvanK.