[mythtv] Any plans

Chad Columbus ccolumbu at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 20:12:32 EST 2004

First let me thank all of you for your input. It has been very helpful.

I should share some more information with the group so you will all know why I asked the question to begin with.
Here is how I use multiple season passes and "first run" as Tivo defines it.
Note: Tivo just lets you "stack" your season passes, shows at the top get recorded in the case of a conflict.

I create a season pass with "first run only" as a parameter, for all my favorite shows
I also create a 2nd season pass with "record all episodes", for all my favorite shows

I stack all my first run shows in order of my most wanted to least wanted.
After ALL my first run passes I put all my "all episode" passes.

This has the effect of giving my re-runs when it can but a rerun never bumps a first run.
I want to get all my first run shows no matter what, I would rather record my least favorite first run show over my most favorite
re-run show.

As I see it now, if a re-run of a show with a priority 10 will be recorded instead of a first run show with a priority of 9, I don't
want this behavior.

Also please note I am building a 3 tuner box, with dual 2.6 GHz CPUs and 500 Gb of hard drive. I take my TV very seriously.

^C