[mythtv] MythGallery OpenGL problems

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 17 11:08:25 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> - OpenGL ***is working***!!!  TuxRacer runs fine, Goom works in
> MythMusic, glxgears gives anywhere from 600 - 1000 fps.  I compiled
> some of the OpenGL examples in the Qt distribution, and they seem to
> work fine.
>
> The thing is, when I run mythgallery with opengl transitions enabled, it
> doesn't crash.  I get no errors about GLX not being available.  It just
> seems to run the transition with no hardware acceleration... I get only
> a few frames/second.

if its running it means glx is available. if glx is not available it will
complain. ensure that the qt libs find the nvidia opengl libs and not the
mesa ones (ldd on libqt-mt.so will show which libs its linking to)

> This is just a shot in the dark, but IIRC mythgallery is currently the
> only module to use the Qt OpenGL widget classes (I believe Goom is
> straight OpenGL)... so my first thought was that it was a problem or
> conflict w/Qt and my OpenGL installation... but the Qt example programs
> seem to work fine.  Is it possible the mythgallery transitions are
> missing some step in initializing OpenGL w/respect to Qt ?

qt examples are fairly simple examples, they won't show much difference
between software driven or hardware driven opengl.

renchi