[mythtv] Can't we use Bugzilla on mythtv.org to keep things a bitmore structured?

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Tue Jun 29 11:41:40 EDT 2004

i'm a semi-new user of myth and lurker on this list and have been halfway
following this thread.

personally, i definitely see the value in having something like bugzilla (or
any kind of bug tracker for that matter).  there have been a few times i've
looked on the myth site to see if something i was experiencing was a known
issue or if i found something new.  sure, i could post in one of the lists,
but i didn't want to bug anyone and wanted to do my own research *before*
bugging anyone about it ... (the proper procedure, imho)

it is kind of frustrating that there is no way for me to do this kind of
research (aside from searching through the list archives which, admittedly, i
haven't done yet and is why i haven't posted any of my "bugs/issues" yet) or
see if someone else has requested a feature already ...

i think as far as feature requests go, something like bugzilla could actually
*help*, since it would (hopefully, of course) reduce people asking for the
same feature over and over again (especially if the feature is one the
developers do not wish to implement), so please do not write it off so
quickly/easily.  hell, there are plenty of other bug trackers out there that
are simpler/easier/less annoying than bugzilla (imho) if that is part of the
reason for not wanting it

anyway, no flames, no bitching, no moaning, just input from a developer of
other projects where a bug tracking system has GREATLY increased my
efficiency and made that part of my job easier ...  not wanting to further
the flames on this subject, so if anyone wishes to flame me, please do so off
of the list so the developers don't have even more crap to sort through on
this list.

let's all get back to having fun with Myth! :)
gLaNDix