[mythtv] Can't we use Bugzilla on mythtv.org to keep things a bitmore structured?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Tue Jun 29 10:31:44 EDT 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Tako Schotanus wrote:
>
>> We know that, that wasn't the point of tis whole discussion, it's
>> about people maybe _wanting_  to help _you_ with your list. Of course
>> this is not about you and your list specifically, but about the fact
>> that it could be useful to have a list of issues (for example
>> BugZilla, but anything more structured than the current situation
>> would do) that people with a little time on their hand but no "pet
>> peeves" could look at and use to start working on Myth. This
>> discussion is specifically _not_ about people whining about "I want,
>> I want, no I _need_ feature X!".
>

> So why not just ask?  Wouldn't have been a LOT easier to say "Hey
> anyone got an idea on how I could contribute?" instead of spending
> days arguing about a topic that was closed a long time ago?

Are you deliberastely misreading what I write? What part of "it could be
useful to have a list of issues" don't you understand?

The fact that Isaac has not condoned something like an official issue
list does NOT mean we can't discuss the issue, NOR does it mean that we
can't point out that there are better ways of doing things.

-Tako