[mythtv] Can't we use Bugzilla on mythtv.org to keep things a bitmore structured?

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Mon Jun 28 22:34:16 EDT 2004

Lucas Meijer wrote:

>  Ronald van Eijck wrote:
>
> > The words I keep reading here are 'looking forward to your patch'.
> > That might be a good method but I think that being more open to
> > newcommers and not shutting the door in their face might actually
> > benefit the project. These newcommers might one day add that
> > wonderfull feature that the 'gods' had never thought about but will
> > gladly use like all other users.
>
>  Couldn't agree more.

You know, when I first joined the mailing list, I did what just about
every other newbie (to the project) has done. . .  I imposed my wishes
on them.  I posted a wish list a mile long.  You know what I got?  I got
an email that basicly said "sounds good, look forward to your patches".
At first I was a little taken a-back,  after coding all day, last thing
I wanted to do was code some more.  But, after a little bit, I figured
out that Isaac himself was a dev, and came home and coded on the project
after work.  So, I got myself a little red tractor and pulled my head
out of my *ss and realized that Isaac and the other main dev's aren't
working for me.  They are working solely for themselves and their
wives.  At that point in time, I came to the conclusion that if I wanted
feature x, *I* would have to code it.  Hence, the 15 - 20 patches I've
sent in.

-dan

--
Pinky, Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I think so, Brain, but where are we going to get latex gloves, a
swimming pool filled with vaseline and a herd of yaks at THIS time of night?