[mythtv] Can't we use Bugzilla on mythtv.org to keep things abitmore structured?

Dudley Atkinson dudley at jdatkinson.net
Mon Jun 28 09:54:21 EDT 2004

> Since you ask : me :)
>

> And if we're talking about gaining entry through the hallowed
> swing-doors to the brawling, spitoon filled, 'sawdust on the floor'
> frontier community that is the 'myth developers saloon'....
>
> I also began a code walkthrough
>   http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/CodeWalkThrough
>
> (and, again FWIW, found an obscure but interesting bug after looking at
> the first few files btw - I posted a patch for it but it probably got
> lost in the noise)

I've some skills to apply too, and I think the code walkthrough is a great
start.  I've ported a few complex packages, and getting started midstream in
MythTV is very time-consuming without a walkthrough to answer the basic
questions....

As for bugzilla, I've used it too in a couple of environments and it is as
good as the "owner".  Invariably someone has to police it to set priorities
and follow-up activity.  This followup gets to be a full-time job, so
someone who likes to code wouldn't want to run bugzilla.  But if the lead
developers (who like to code) don't want to follow the bugzilla lead, it all
falls into disrepair.

But big, successful projects usually profit from some condensed
organization.....

JD